Who likes Vindaloo? Me and Baloo.
Spicy and tasty, its great for the party.
Lets enjoy the curry, no need to hurry.
First eat and talk, then lets go for a walk.
- 300 gram lean stewing pork or beef, remove any excess fat if any (personally I use loin cut)
- 200 gr butternut squash pumpkin, cut in small squares
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, peel and chopped
- 3 jalapeno or Serrano peppers, seeds remove and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Fresh pesto for weight loss
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 4 cloves
- 5 cardamom pods
- 500ml water
- 1 low sodium chicken stock cube (or beef stock if using beef)
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- Salt (use sparingly) and freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- With a hand blender, make a paste from red onion, garlic, tomato, ginger, jalapeno and vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat a pan under medium heat, and fry dry cumin, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, cloves, and cardamon until fragrant.
- Add the paste, and stir until most of the liquid evaporated.
- Add the meat, and grated nutmeg. Stir until the meat change color
- Add chicken stock cube, water, soy sauce, pesto and rolled oats.
- Simmer under low heat until the meat are soft. Taste and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add pumpkin, and simmer further until the pumpkin soft and the sauce thicken.
- Taste. If its too hot, add chopped dried prunes.
- Serve with freshly chopped coriander leaves.